What is a parked domain?
What does parked domain mean:
The parked domain would mean that when you register a domain name but after that do not use that domain name for any email service or to run any website, then in that way, that type of domain This is called parked domain, and this work is called domain parking
What is a parked domain:
A parked domain is a registered domain name that is active but is not associated with a specific website. Instead, a parked domain displays a “parked page” to users who visit the URL. A typical parked page has a simple layout with a list of links related to the domain name.
Like if you buy a car but never walk on that car, So you park your car, then it is called car parking. Similarly, if you do not use the domain after purchasing, then it is called domain parking.
Needs Domain To Run Any Website:
To run any website, the first domain name is purchased, after this web hosting is needed, then by going in the dashboard of that domain name, the domain name is pointed to the IP address of your web hosting so that whenever a domain If you type the name, people can open that website!
If you have purchased a domain name and not point it to any hosting service or email service, then whenever someone types that domain in a web browser, nothing shows. if there will be no hosting IP address in the DNS record of the domain name, then at what place will it redirect, so this error will come.
Earn Money With Parked Domain:
You can also earn money by having your domain parked. For this, you have to follow these steps!
- First, you go to the website of Sedo.
- Select the option of domain parking there
- Register on this marketplace
- get domain parking certification
- After this, you have to go to the dashboard of your domain registrar
- Edit or add DNS record there
- Both NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM and NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM will have to update DNS there
- After this, it will be updated in 24 hours, and in this way, your parked domain will start running.